Monday, October 7, 2013

9.5 months


At their well visit last Monday (that's how behind I am!) Garrett and Andy did some surprising things, in growth, that is. 

Andy was just shy of 16 lbs and 25.5 inches. Now he is 18 lbs 3 oz and 27.5 inches. He had a slower growth this time that is typical at this age and for babies as active as he is. Seems perfectly healthy. 

Garrett, on the other hand, made bigger changes. He was 14 lbs 12 oz and 24.8 inches at 6 months, low for weight and still too small for the charts for weight. This time, Garrett was 18 lbs 14 oz and 27 inches. He's closing the height gap and totally passed Andy in weight, for the first time! Wow! He's now at the 5% for height and 33% for weight. 

Both were screened for anemia, both passed. I've never had that test done on any of my babies before, even the older 3. I am realizing that I have never exclusively breasted any of them at this age, since I was always back at work, really feeling the pressure by this point. That's kind of a cool feeling :) I think I will meet my goal of nursing till age 1. Andy might want to continue, so we'll see when we get there. All new territory for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment