Monday, August 11, 2014

Arizona vacation, post 3: day 4, 5 and 6

I only have a fee pictures because I took most of the photos on my regular camera and haven't retrieved them yet. I'll probably post those on FB later. Here's a sampling of the last days of our trip. 

Sunset Crater National Monument, from a distance. I took Elliott and Erin on a mile long hike around the front of the crater. The rest took a short, paved hike with the strollers. 

Watkupi Pueblo. It's mostly shadow, sorry, but the girls were supposed to be in this picture, and look teeny compared to this giant ruin. 

The Grand Canyon! Jillian seemed impressed, and Elliott a little. Erin wasn't interested. Photos just can't do it justice! 

Pre-pool pose with a palm tree, right outside our door. 

Bathing beauty

My brother, Dean, turned 50 on the 12th. Here's him, my sister Gail, and me at his party. His wide, Lori, is Senior Regent of the Moose this year, so naturally it was held at their local lodge. 

Brooks, me, Gail, Dean, and Lori

Garrett loved the window seat on the plane. 

He's tired and grumpy because I tried to let Aunt Gail and his cousins, Katie and Lauren, hold him instead. He's mommy's snuggle bug!

See Garrett sleeping on the left, and Andy awake on the right? Andy napped on the plane. Lauren is hanging out with them while I got the car seats off the luggage carousel. 

Glad to be home safe, but I really enjoyed the hot, dry weather in Arizona! I hope we can go back again before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment