Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Funny...or not

It's not so much because there's 3, it's because they have Elliott on their team. :)



What is going through Susan's head during naptime, or any given time for that matter...

I think it's been a month since the last blog post, so here's a little something. I have plenty of photos to share, new fun stories of our lives, but not enough time to do it all in. I am enjoying our precious little Erin while she is still little. She was weighed today at our WIC appointment and she was 13 lbs. 10 oz. and 24 inches long. She's a growing girl!

For those who aren't aware, Erin has a milk protein allergy (casein basically) which can be found in all dairy products, and even a few non-dairy products...and I can't have them. She has been on Alimentum formula for just over a week now to give her tummy a break from the allergens in my milk. The lady at the HD said that's pretty rare in breastfed infants. So, I am trying to nurse (pumping for now, until Dr. Jao says it's OK) but pumping and bottle feeding and washing all the bottles and pump parts has been time consuming. Needless to say, I appreciate all the help I can get! I plan to take her for her allergy test (blood draw) today to make sure she doesn't have any other allergies, like soy.

Thankfully, Jillian has a couple new responsibilities this year...well, her old ones are being enforced mostly. :) She opted to do dishes over sweeping under the table after dinner, and besides feeding/watering/brushing Mac and her homework, she also helps with emptying the dishwasher and is learning how to clean her bathroom. Elliott has a long way to go--I feel lucky if he throws the garbage in the trash and not on the floor or behind the couch.

Anyway, just a couple more weeks before I go back to work...the more I am home, the more I desire to stay home. I am fearful of all the changes at work, and wonder what to expect when I return after having a sub for 3 months. I pray that Brooks' business will pick up enough by January that I can apply to job share for 2011-12 school year. It will bring more changes (probably a change in school) but the benefit will be more time with my children, where my heart is now, and where it should be. If you are reading this, please pray that my "return to work nightmares" would be replaced by nice dreams about going back to work and that I won't be overwhelmed? Thanks! I know I will enjoy seeing my co-workers again and I hope my students will be as happy to see me as I am happy to see them. I got some eager greetings during my last visit. I felt special. :)

Well, back to laundry, picking up after others, dishes, pumping, voting, soiled laundry, arrands....

(Cartoons from My Baby This Week, Babycenter.com, weeks 6 and 16.)

No comments:

Post a Comment